This idea came from trying to make a healthier chicken nugget for the boys and experimenting with the air fryer. Regular air fryer chicken nuggets are a hit for the boys but somewhat boring for my husband and me, so I decided to spice up our nuggets by throwing in some chopped jalapeños one night, and we are obsessed. Now we look forward to chicken nugget night!
These can be made with as little or much jalapeño as you prefer, but the recipe has a good balance of the two. Below is my Greek yogurt ranch that is perfect for dipping them in.
Need a quick snack or app for a tailgate? These air fryer chicken nuggets would be a perfect twist on the traditional chicken nugget or chicken bite.
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
Crockpot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- JalapeñoChicken Nuggets:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños juice
- Greek Yogurt Ranch:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 ranch seasoning pack
- Cube chicken breast into approximately 1″ – 2″ cubes.
- Chop jalapeños finely – the finer they are chopped the better they stay on.
- Combine jalapeño juice and eggs – beat into a consistent mixture.
- Mix Panko crumbs and chopped jalapeño evenly together.
5. Cover each chicken cube (all sides) with egg mixture and then cover completely in Panko/jalapeño mixture.
6. Place on air fryer tray, so each nugget is barely but not touching.
7. Air fry at 400 degrees on first side for 7-8 minutes and second side 5-6 minutes (every air fryer differs in efficiency, so check during the cooking process).
8. Place on separate tray to cool – in my smaller air fryer I usually have to cook 2-3 rounds of with this recipe.
9. Make Greek Yogurt ranch – combine all ingredients into a salad shaker (or mason jar) and shake until an even texture. Add milk or Greek yogurt for your thickness preference.