Who knew how to make overnight oats was this easy!? This Berries & Cream Overnight Oats is where to start if you are a newbie to overnight oats. This recipe has so many household staples in it.
I am a big chia seed pudding fan (love these Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Peanut Butter chia pudding recipes), but I hadn’t given overnight oats a chance since before I was even married. My husband and I used to make a similar combo before we were married, but we didn’t include the chia seed or protein powder; we truly weren’t receiving the full benefits of this protein packed breakfast or snack.
Fast forward 10 years later and after seeing so many tasty recipes and various combinations, I decided to give them another try. Of course I didn’t have the intricate ingredients when I was on a time crunch when I was first making them, so I looked for the staples that I always keep in my house. This is how the Berries & Cream recipe was born. We always have frozen mixed berries, oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, chia seed, vanilla protein, and agave syrup, so once I combined everything, I knew I loved this combo and had to recreate.
Not only are overnight oats so convenient to pull out of the fridge for breakfast on a busy morning, they are also easy to pack quickly for an on the go snack later in the afternoon. There are also so many combinations of overnight oats to try! I am definitely thinking about a tropical version for this summer.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
True MoJo Tips:
- You do not need a special mason jar to make these – you can use plastic reusable storage containers (like my husband and I did 10 years ago) or glass food storage containers.
- Don’t feel like you have to shake until its perfectly mixed because you will mix it again when you eat it.
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- In a mason jar, combine all ingredients.
- Shake rigorously for 1-2 minutes or until ingredients are mixed well (you can also mix them better right before you enjoy)
- Refrigerate overnight (or for a few hours if you need them sooner).
Let me know what you think in a comment below!