I have been obsessed with the Burger Salad Dressing for the last few weeks. I have experimented with several recipes and adapted many, but this is the version that has the perfect mix of sweet and salty with a kick of pepper.
Homemade dressings elevate any salad and can be made healthy and with fewer ingredients than store bought dressings. All you really need for a homemade dressing is a salad shaker or mason jars or even protein shake mixer that I used for the first time recently when all my salad shakers already had dressings in them.
Burger Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Olive Oil Mayo: regular, fat free or low fat mayo can be used but it will alter the taste. The fat within the mayo does contribute to the rich taste.
- 2% Greek Yogurt: I am very particular about Greek yogurt and the Fage brand is my favorite. This can also be done with fat free Greek yogurt, but it does also alter the taste of the dressing. If I was going to use fat free for either the mayo or this, I would chose to use fat free Greek yogurt.
- Barbecue sauce: Being from Kansas City, we are pretty particular with our BBQ sauce, but for a recipe like this, I think that any BBQ sauce will work. I have made it with several brands and can not tell the difference.
- Yellow Mustard: There is nothing special about this. Just some good old yellow mustard is needed.
- Paprika: I actually used nutmeg the last batch I made because I was out of paprika and could barely tell the difference.
Burger Salad Ingredients:
- Mixed greens or chopped iceberg lettuce
- Ground turkey or hamburger
- Shredded cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Chopped red onion or pickled onions
- Grilled or chopped bell peppers
- AND anything else that you would like on your burger!
It is definitely Chic-Fil-A that motivated me to start experimenting with some different burger dressings because it is just so good. I wouldn’t say this dressing is identical to the Chic-Fil-A sauce but it is similar to it. What do you think? Is it similar? I can’t wait to hear what you all think about this dressing!
Other Uses for Burger Salad Dressing:
- Dressing on a hamburger or cheeseburger
- Fry dip
- Dressing on fried or grilled chicken salad
- Chicken finger or nugget dip
- Veggie dip
Burger Salad Dressing
- Dressing Shaker
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tspn paprika