Full of anti-oxidants and omega-3s and lots more! These are a weekly prep for me. My husband eats a smaller one for breakfast every day, and I eat the larger size for lunch every day. I usually just make as many as I have clean dishes for!
Ingredients (all from Costco):
- Frozen Berry Fruit Blend (Kirkland 3 Berry Blend – blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 2% Original Greek Yogurt (Fage Total – never skimp on the fat in greek yogurt for the sake of taste)
- Chia Seed (Nature’s Intent)
- Honey to sweeten
- Optional: I add a serving of matcha tea powder for an extra anti-oxidant boost!
- Lay out containers – I always have to check to make sure I have enough ingredients and bowls and lids before I completely get started. I like to make as many as I can because they will last at least a week in the fridge (maybe longer but I’ve never had the option to test that because they disappear so quick in my house).
- Add Greek yogurt – for the small container, I use about 3/4 cup and for the larger container, I use 1 cup of yogurt.
- Cover in frozen berries – I just cover the yogurt with the frozen berries. I usually put in about 1 cup of the frozen fruit.
- Cover in chia seeds – I also don’t measure these out because I find my gut likes the roughage and moves things more consistently in my body (to much information, I know!) but I probably use 1/4 of cup per container.
- Top off with honey – sweeten to your liking – some like the bitter taste of plain Greek yogurt but my husband and I prefer it pretty sweet.
- Refrigerate overnight – Usually by morning, the berries are softer and easier to eat than when they are frozen. By lunch time, these bowls are such a refreshing treat!