This cobb salad dip is a perfect appetizer for the summer months! It’s easy and cheap to make and cold dips are everyone’s favorite for hot summer evenings.
Since this dip has several ingredients that are hard to buy in the small bulk that is required, my mom suggested that I get all of the cobb salad toppings at the grocery store salad bar. It was a brilliant idea because it is so much cheaper and quicker. I did have to chop the lettuce, tomato, and red onion into smaller chunks, but it was still easier than buying all the parts and and chopping everything from it’s original form. My local grocery store’s salad bar is $5.99 a pound, and I spent about $5.50 on the ingredients. I found that that is much cheaper than buying just the package of bacon!
Below I have approximate amounts of each ingredient I got from the salad bar. I did not measure any of it out but eye balled it pretty good. If you get the ingredients all separate and chop yourself, these are the amounts for the top of the dip.
I have taken this cobb salad dip to several gatherings now, and it is always. Some people do not love blue cheese, so I will sometimes make it half with the blue cheese, but depending on my crowd it is usually one of the first dips finished at any get together.
I still am amazed that this cobb salad dip can be made for under $10 and include so many fresh ingredients. Be sure to just check out your grocery store salad bar for the following ingredients.
- Reduced fat cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Ranch packet or 3 tablespoons if you buy it in bulk: I either buy it at Costco or on Amazon, but with the amount I use in several recipes it is worth it to buy it in bulk.
- Chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce (from salad bar at grocery store)
- Chopped tomatoes (from salad bar at grocery store)
- Chopped bacon (from salad bar at grocery store)
- Chopped red onion (from salad bar at grocery store)
- Blue cheese crumbles (from salad bar at grocery store)
- Large mixing bowl
- Immersion blender
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Cobb Salad Dip
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp ranch seasoning one package
- 1 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- Soften the cream cheese (15 seconds in the microwave)
- Blend cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and ranch seasoning together – I use my hand held immersion blender to combine evenly.
- Spread mixture evenly on the bottom of a 8 x 8 casserole dish (should be about 1/2 to 1 inch thick based on the size of your pan).
- Chop salad ingredients into small chunks.
- Layer lettuce, bacon, blue cheese, red onion, and top with chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with chips or crackers and ENJOY!