There is no doubt that sriracha sauce is one of the most popular sauces in our house (of course just by the adults at this point), and I love a spicy dipping sauce and especially love some spice to my salad dressings. This Creamy Sriracha Sauce is a perfect dipping sauce and salad dressing in one.
This is my second sriracha salad dressing; the first dressing was Honey Sriracha Vinaigrette, which actually was my first dressing that I ever posted! Besides loving sriracha, this Creamy Sriracha Sauce was inspired by the Bitchin’ Sauce (I get mine from Costco, but I can also find it at Target) that I had been using on salads when I have it in my fridge. I wanted to make a sauce that we loved just as much and my husband could use it to dip chicken in during the week, and I could use it on salads.
What does Creamy Sriracha Sauce taste like?
This is a sauce with a kick that you control the spiciness. The honey adds a sweet taste and the pickle juice adds in the salty taste. This sauce is unique in taste because of these three key ingredients. There is no doubt that the sriracha flavor is the most present flavor with the pickle juice, honey, and garlic taking on a more subtle taste. If you have every tried Wendy’s creamy sriracha sauce or Subway’s creamy sriracha sauce, this is similar but a healthier option because some of the the mayo is replaced with Greek yogurt. If you have ever tried sriracha mayo before, it tastes similar to that with less fat and calories.
Is Creamy Sriracha Sauce spicy?
Sriracha by nature will have a kick to it, but the greatest thing about making your own sauce is that you can make it as hot or mild as you would like. In the recipe I recommend using 2 tablespoons if you like a decent kick or just one if you want a less spicy version.
What can you use Creamy Sriracha Sauce for?
- Salad dressing
- Chicken nugget or finger dipping sauce
- Mozzarella stick dipping sauce
- Vegetable dip
- Sandwich spread
- Pasta salad base sauce
- Chicken sauce
- Quinoa bowl sauce
What is Creamy Sriracha Sauce made of?
- Salad Shaker or Mason Jars: These are the best to shake and to store dressings in. I usually have a few dressings in the fridge in either of these containers.
- Greek Yogurt: I am picky about this one because Fage is the only one I use in my recipes, and I am familiar with the consistency and think that it is superior to most Greek yogurt. Plus Costco sells it, so I always have it in my fridge.
- Olive Oil Mayo: Again, I am pickier about this one for and that it is Olive Oil Mayo, but it contains less trans fat and more HDL fats, which I prefer in my diet. I have not tried with non-fat or low fat versions, but let me know if you do!
- Pickle Juice: Whenever we finish a jar of pickles, I always save the juice for different cooking projects and adding it to dressings is a common use for it. If you do not have an empty jar of pickles, you can just pour the juice from a full jar. The pickles won’t miss it too much!
- Sriracha: The amount for this sauce can vary based on how spicy you like it. We prefer a pretty spicy, so we add 2 tablespoons. If I was making it just for my husband, I would add 3. If I am serving it for guests, I would probably only add 1 tablespoon to be safe that it wouldn’t be too spicy.
- Minced Garlic: This is a new one for me because I used to think that powdered garlic created similar outcomes and was simpler, but I was wrong. Fresh, minced garlic is so much better and just as easy to store in the fridge.
How to make Creamy Sriracha Sauce:
Below is the recipe to make this great sauce! Be sure to share it on Instagram if you make it and tag @true-mojo. Also, leave a comment if you loved it too!
Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- 1 salad shaker or mason jar
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 or 2 tbsp sriracha (based on your desired spice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in salad shaker or mason jar.
- Shake until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week.