Warm spinach and artichoke dip is always my favorite appetizer to order at a restaurant or at happy hour. I never even considered making this myself because it seemed like too much work. Then it dawned on me that I could easily make it in the crockpot (this one is the perfect size and cheap if you don’t have one), and I came up with this recipe as a dump dip with little prep; the only prep is chopping the artichokes.
This restaurant-style dip is great for dipping with pretzel chips, pita bread, crackers, vegetables, or chips. I could actually eat it plain that it is so good!
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
Crockpot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
In this slow-cooker recipe, Greek yogurt is used to increase the amount of protein and fresh spinach is used to add in some fresh vegetable. Frozen spinach and sour cream can be used if you don’t have these items in your refrigerator.
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 12 oz jarred marinated whole artichokes (14 oz jar will work too)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach (frozen can be used too)
- 6 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- Place cream cheese and Greek yogurt in crockpot.
- Chop the marinated whole artichokes into 4ths or 6ths and place in crockpot but keep the juice from the jar or can to add to crockpot.
- Add the juice of the marinated artichokes to crockpot.
- Top the crockpot off with 2 large hand fulls of spinach – I do not chop or cut the stems off the spinach and sometimes add even more spinach than this.
- Cook on low for 1 for 2 hours and stir.
- Add in shredded parmesan cheese (I leave some to sprinkle on top) and stir.
- Cook on low for 1-2 hours and stir.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese left over.
- Serve and enjoy!