These are nothing special or complicated, but my husband and I are obsessed with them. We even think they are better than most restaurant boneless chicken wings. Because they are cooked again after tossed in sauce, they are not too “saucy” like some restaurant wings.
These are perfect for a simple dinner (I make the kids without the buffalo sauce) or for a tailgate appetizer. Be sure to find the lightly breaded chicken chunks because these are really what make it the right texture for the double air frying (where the name double dipped comes from).
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
- 2 cups lightly breaded chicken chunks (or chicken nuggets) – I use Just Bare from Costco.
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (I use the generic Walmart brand)
- Put chicken in air fryer frozen for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip for 5 more minutes.
- Toss chicken with buffalo sauce, so they are evenly covered.
- Put back in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes – flip halfway through time.
- Make Greek Yogurt Ranch
- Serve and enjoy!