I do not know what took me so long to try an easy Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe! This is such an easy dinner that can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes or can be prepped for the whole week. It has very few ingredients and most can be found in your freezer and pantry.
One of my best friends, Erin, makes this frequently, and after trying a few other recipes, I decided hers was the best I had tried! Some of the recipes that I had tried had too many ingredients and that is what I try to avoid. The fewer the ingredients the easier for a busier lifestyle.
Erin tried a few different recipes but combined a few to come up with this particular recipe. Erin has had much success on Weight Watchers and for where she is in her plan (Blue) this is a zero point recipe. So if you are on a WW plan, this is a great recipe for you. She also suggests using peanut sauce on it from the grocery story to add even more flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe with me!
- Ground turkey (for the leanest version or ground beef can be used)
- Minced garlic
- Ground ginger
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Optional Ingredients: green onion, peanut sauce, sriracha, and extra vegetables
Tips for Efficiency:
- If you are short on time, you can always brown the meat ahead of time (night before) to save some time. The vegetables and sauce only take about 10 minutes to cook to the right consistency.
- This is a perfect meal to prep for the whole week and put into separate containers. You can even air fry the wontons and place them in it and heat up when you plan to eat it.
- Have your spouse make it! This one is easy enough to have some help with. My husband is always down to help brown meat while he is home, and I may be running late.
EASY Dinner Recipes:
Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- green onion optional
- sriracha optional
- extra veggies optional
- Brown and drain ground turkey.
- Add coleslaw mix, any veggies, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil and saute until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Make a hole in the center and add eggs. Scramble eggs in center and then mix all together.
- Optional: mix in sriracha and green onions.