I am a big fan of buffalo ANYTHING, but have loved buffalo chicken dip since I had it for the first time a few years ago. I just recently got a dip cauliflower buffalo chicken dip at Costco, and it got me thinking about creating a lighter, healthy version. And this is how this recipe was born.
At first I made a single serving version and realized that wasn’t going to go over well in my household. This version is good for two or more, but honestly, my husband and I can eat the entire bowl for a meal.
This dip is good both cold and hot but we prefer it warm with the cheese melted on top. If you are looking for the cold version and an even lighter version, do not add the cheese at all.
I prefer to get some greens in at every meal, so broccoli is my choice of dippers for this. Chips, crackers, and pita would all be perfect options as well.
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
- 2% Greek yogurt (nonfat works too)
- Shredded chicken – I either pull a rotisserie chicken or put 1-2 chicken breasts in the crockpot with a cup of water for 4-6 hours on low, then I shred with a fork.
- Buffalo Sauce – I use a generic brand from Walmart but really any will work because it helps to to thin the dip out.
- Chopped green onions (optional) – I would never go without these because I absolutely love green onions, but I know they are not everyone’s favorite.
- Shredded cheese (optional) – If you want to lighten it up, you can use less cheese or no cheese, but it is definitely the best with melted cheese on top in my opinion.
- Tortilla chips
- Frito chips
- Ritz crackers
Other Ideas for this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
- Wrap – I have used the leftovers in a tortilla with some mixed greens and blue cheese for a meal
- Sandwich – This dip would be great on a hamburger bun or regular bread as a sandwich.
- Pinwheels – Spread this dip thinly on a tortilla and roll up and slice into pinwheels and serve as a finger food appetizer.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onion (optional)
- Prepare shredded chicken or use pulled rotisserie chicken.
- Chop green onions.
- Combine Greek yogurt, shredded chicken, 1/4 cup green onions, and buffalo sauce and mix well.
- Add cheese to top.
- Optional: Heat in oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes in oven safe pan.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipper!