I am a big fan of buffalo ANYTHING, but have loved buffalo chicken dip since I had it for the first time a few years ago. I just recently got a dip cauliflower buffalo chicken dip at Costco, and it got me thinking about creating a lighter, healthy version. And this is how this recipe was born.
At first I made a single serving version and realized that wasn’t going to go over well in my household. This version is good for two or more, but honestly, my husband and I can eat the entire bowl for a meal.
This dip is good both cold and hot but we prefer it warm with the cheese melted on top. If you are looking for the cold version and an even lighter version, do not add the cheese at all.
I prefer to get some greens in at every meal, so broccoli is my choice of dippers for this. Chips, crackers, and pita would all be perfect options as well.
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt (nonfat works too)
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce (I use a generic brand from Walmart)
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Prepare shredded chicken or use pulled rotisserie chicken.
- Chop green onions.
- Combine Greek yogurt, shredded chicken, green onions, and buffalo sauce and mix well.
- Add cheese on top and heat up on the microwave.
- Stir before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipper!