Buffalo chicken anything has been one of my favorites for years, and I have been exploring (ok…obsessed) with trying new recipes in the air fryer, so of course this one came to mind easily. I wanted to make a food that is usually a comfort food (aka from QuikTrip on a road trip or from a bag in the freezer) healthier with minimal ingredients. So here the Buffalo Chicken taquitos were born!
When I first made this recipe, I wanted to make sure that there was more chicken than tortilla for taste and to make it on the lighter side, so I experimented with cutting the tortillas in half. Who would have known? Half the amount of tortilla and more buffalo chicken is just the right flavor. The Laughing Cow Cheese adds the creamy flavor that mixes so well with buffalo chicken so that the special Greek yogurt ranch isn’t even needed (but recommended of course).
I hope you enjoy these as much as my husband and I have! I can’t wait to continue to experiment with the air fryer and this taquito concept.
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos:
- 4 medium size tortillas (I use low carb tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken – or other shredded chicken (prepared in crockpot)
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (Franks Red Hot is our favorite)
- 4 Laughing Cow Cheese (or other comparable soft cheese or cream cheese)
- Avocado or olive oil cooking spray
Greek Yogurt Ranch:
- 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (skim or 2%)
- 1 packet of Ranch (for less ranch flavor, use 1/2 packet)
- Makes 8 taquitos
- Cut 4 tortillas in half like pictured above.
- Add 4 tablespoons of hot sauce to shredded chicken and mix with a fork.
3. Spread 1/2 of a Laughing Cow Cheese thinly over the tortilla.
4. Add buffalo chicken on the side widest edge of the tortilla.
5. Roll the widest side of the tortilla towards the round side.
6. Spray with olive oil or avocado spray.
7. Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees on one side (times will vary per air fryer, so check on them frequently).
8. Flip taquitos over (be sure to spray the side that is facing up again and cook for another 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
9. Cut in half and enjoy!
- Place greek yogurt, milk, and ranch in a salad shaker and shake until evenly combined. Chill for an hour for optimal flavor.