Who doesn’t love the comfort of a New Orlean’s Po’Boy? This has meatball sub twist with it and really was a simple dinner with few ingredients (my go-to)! My tots loved this one too!
- 5 Kielbasa or other sausage links
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 of a white onion
- 2 cups of marinara
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Shredded Swiss cheese (to top with)
- 6 hoagie buns or soft French bread sliced
- Slice bell peppers and onions and begin sautéing with olive oil. It takes slightly longer for the peppers and onions to cook than the Kielbasa, so I start that first.
2. While the peppers and onions cook, slice the Kielbasa about 3/4 of an inch wide and add to the peppers and onions.
3. Brown all three: Kielbasa, bell peppers, and onions then add 2 cups of marinara. Heat for approximately 5 more minutes.
4. Distribute mixture on buns and top with cheese – this batch had quite a bit of left overs and would have made 6 total sandwiches. We keep the leftovers in separate parts and heat up when we are ready to eat.
5. Broil in oven or toaster oven until the top of the cheese and bun are slightly brown.
6. Enjoy! I prep my boys’ sandwich with far less mixture, so they are more manageable for them to eat, but I pile my husband and mine high!