This is not an original recipe and is widely known and shared on the internet, but I wanted to share it because I adapt this spinach dip with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and change the ratio of mayo.
In middle and high school, my dad would always make a batch of this Knorr Spinach Dip with the Knorr Spring Vegetable Recipe Mix (fat free of course because it was the 90s) and keep it in our fridge. It was one of my favorite snacks to come home because it was a spinach dip with water chesnuts, which added such a fresh bite and taste to it. I would have it on Matzo crackers, toast, Ritz crackers, or vegetables.
Now I make this a few times a month for a get together or just to keep in the fridge to snack on during the week. It is definitely a way to squeeze in some extra vegetables and protein (with the Greek yogurt substitution). I am always looking to add these two into my daily diet. Aren’t we all?
Besides the fact that is a delicious spinach dip with greek yogurt, it is easy to prepare and can be prepared within 10 minutes. I buy pre-chopped spinach and diced water chestnuts to make it even quicker. I do always let mine sit in the fridge for about an hour to let the seasoning marinate.
I can’t wait to make this football and baseball game tailgating! It is always a crowd pleaser!
Let me know if you try to adaptation!
Other Easy Apps:
- 2 cups of Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- Packet of Knorr Spring Vegetable Recipe Mix
- 12 oz of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can of diced water chestnuts
- Thaw chopped spinach in the microwave – place in bowl and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix thawed spinach with mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Knorr Spring Vegetable Recipe Mix, and water chestnuts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy with crackers, vegetables, or any way you would like!