There is no secret that I love chia pudding. It’s such an easy way to add in protein and antioxidants to my diet, and I feel like every time I am indulging in such a treat. I have one between my breakfast smoothie and lunch. It is so satisfying and keeps me full until my next meal.
I added flax to this recipe because I haven’t been incorporated as much flax into my diet. The great thing about flax is that it is so easy to add to recipes, just like this.
- 2 cups chia seed
- 4 cups Almond milk
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon monk fruit sweetener (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 mini candy cane or peppermint (optional topping)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional topping)
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Use immersion blender (or food processor) to blend the ingredients together smoothly.
3. Place in ziplock bag and cut corner to fill up 8 mason jars.
4. Crush candy cane into small pieces.
5. Top with crushed candy cane and mini-chocolate chips.