Interactive Kid Recipe
With everyone’s world flipped upside down about a week ago with the COVID 19 pandemic, I have had to shift my planning for meals differently. I went out and planned as many nutritious meals as I could while also stocking my freezer with some go-tos like this easy mini pizza recipe. I actually use this one during my busiest times at work, and it is fun for the kids to help make too. This recipe is an easy one to finish off any meats, veggies, or other refrigerator items in a meal that is quick an my kids love it.
- Mini Naan Bread (I use the brand from Costco – Stonefire)
- 1/2 cup mariana sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we love lots of cheese on ours)
- Toppings (I use whatever we need to get rid of in the fridge)
- Peperoni, salami, hamburger, shredded chicken, sausage, and other protein
- Red peppers, spinach, black olives, broccoli, even green beans, and so many other fresh veggies
- I find that if F helps me put the pizzas together, he will eat what ever veggies he puts on his (man does he load up!)
Easy Assembly Instructions:
First, I prepare a sheet pan with my Silpa mat (lifesaver for cleaning) and place Naan bread and set the oven to high broil. It depends on the mood of my 3 year old if I allow him to help me spread the sauce or if I do it before the decorating begins!
These pizzas are a bit weak on the toppings, but honestly F didn’t help because he needed to be outside while I cooked dinner. He usually adds way more than I ever do. When he owns it, I know he will eat it! At this point G will eat it one night and not the next, so I never prep meals for his tastes.
After I cover the the top with shredded cheese, I pop in the oven at a high broil. If you are not used to cooking on a broil, be sure kids are not around because you need to leave the oven cracked open. I just watch it until the cheese is browned on the top, which was about 10 minutes.
I hope you and your littles enjoy this dinner and process!