Back to school time means filling the the refrigerator with quick, healthy snacks. This tasty fruit dip is a healthy, protein filled option to pack in kid’s lunch or to have prepared for an afternoon snack.
My kids (3 and 5) have been loving this Birthday Cake Fruit Dip this summer at the pool, and I am looking forward to having this healthy, protein packed fruit dip in the fridge for the rest of the summer and into the fall.
I love an easy recipe that I can put together with my kids in the kitchen with me and this healthy fruit dip is one they love being in the kitchen for because they get to lick the beaters because for a 3 and 5 year old (or even us) the dip is better on the beater.
Not only is this healthy, protein packed fruit dip perfect to pack for the pool, in school lunches, and for afternoon snacks, it is also great to bring to a backyard BBQ or to serve at a wedding or baby shower. These dessert fruit dips are popular at all events!
Ingredients Needed for Peanut Butter Fruit Dip:
- Sugar free or light whipped topping: I prefer to use the sugar free one because it still includes a small amount of fat that keeps the texture thicker and adds to the amount of calories for my kids to consume.
- 2% or non fat Greek Yogurt: I would highly recommend the 2% or full fat Greek yogurt because the fat adds to the thicker texture and also adds an extra amount of protein. Depending on your particular diet, the fat free version of both of the Greek yogurt and whipped will work, just not my personal preference.
- Peanut butter powder or your peanut butter of choice: I prefer to use the peanut butter powder for the this one because of how easily it mixes together. The peanut butter powder also has less fat than peanut butter if that is important to your particular diet. Also, almond butter or peanut butter substitute can be used. I can’t vouch for that because I haven’t tried it, so let me know!
- Optional: Peanut butter cookies (or pretzels will work too): Of course, I would say add these in because it adds in a bit of crunch throughout the fruit dip (only two cookies are used in the dip and two are used to top it. Crushed pretzels would work for the crunch as well! My kids crush the cookies in a ziplock bag as I am putting all the ingredients together.
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip Dippers:
- Grapes (on toothpicks)
- Bananas (on toothpicks)
- Graham Crackers
- Peanut Butter Cookies
For a backyard BBQ or gathering with friends and family, you could make this with the Birthday Cake Fruit Dip and set up a fruit dip bar with all the different dippers and the two dips, maybe even a chocolate fountain as well.
Other Easy Appetizers & Snacks:
Crockpot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
I hope you enjoy this Peanut Butter Fruit Dip! Let me know if the comments what you think and recommend it to you your friends if you love 🙂
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 spatula
- 1 container sugar free or light cool whip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powder peanut butter
- 4 crushed peanut butter cookies optional
- Combine whipped topping, Greek yogurt, and peanut butter powder or peanut butter in to large mixing bowl.
- Mix with hand or table top mixer until ingredients are a smooth consistency.
- Crush 4 peanut butter cookies (or 1/4 cup pretzels)
- Fold in half of the crushed cookies to the dip mixture.
- Use the rest of the crushed cookies to top the dip
- Prepare fruit to be used as dippers.