This recipe has been brewing in my mind for a few months, and I am so happy that I finally put this idea into the oven because it has become an easy staple in our household. If you love Philly cheese steaks but want to keep it lower carb, this is the recipe for you.
This idea came from two places: our favorite pizza joint in Kansas City (Minsky’s pizza) and Kale Kouture’s 3 Step Fajita Bake. I can not order anything else at Minsky’s but their Philly Cheese Steak pizza; my favorite part is the cream cheese, which is optional in the recipe but will always be included when I make it for our family. The 3 Step Fajita Bake enlightened me to the simple idea of a few ingredients in the same pan replicating our favorite foods.
I made this for some friends for the first time a few weeks ago, and we all loved it. Since it uses green peppers, the peppers are more al dente than they may be on an actual Philly Cheese steak, but it adds a nice crunch to the whole meal. This combo is mouth watering, and I am so excited to share it with you all!
EASY Dinner Recipes:
Double Dipped Boneless Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Cilantro Sriracha Sauce
BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Nachos
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 1.5 pounds of beef stewed meat
- 2 green peppers sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 packet of steak seasoning
- 1 packet of au jus seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish (recommended) or baking sheet (with sides) with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Spread sliced peppers and onions (optional mushrooms) on the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly coat peppers and onions with the au jus seasoning packet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until peppers are slightly cooked.
- Layer the stewed beef meat on top of the peppers.
- Evenly coat the beef with the steak seasoning packet.
- Cube the cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and layer them on top of the peppers and onions (optional).
- Top evenly with the shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes – If you would like the meat more rare cook for about 15 minutes and check to make sure the steak is to your liking.