These pizza sandwiches have quickly become the most requested dinner in my house. My preschool and toddler son just devour these sandwiches that are tasty enough for adults and so easy to make. They can also be altered to add some veggies or anyone’s favorite pizza topping.
I always use King Hawaiian rolls because they have such a sweet flavor. They are also easy to cut and remain soft on the outside with a toasty inside.
How fun would this be to make it Hawaiian version with ham and pineapple? I know my kids and husband would love this combo. There are just endless possibilities with the different versions you can make. You can make it half and half just like a pizza too!
- 1 pack of 12 King Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Cooking spray (I use avocado spray)
- Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, ham, black olive, green pepper, spinach, or anything else you can think of!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the whole chunk of rolls in half so that all 12 rolls bottoms and tops stay together between each bun.
- Place bottom of buns on a greased 9 x 12 cooking sheet or pan.
- Spread marinara or pizza sauce smoothly over the bottom of buns.
- Top with toppings and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Place the top of the bun on top of the toppings and cheese.
- Spray the top of the buns with cooking spray (or butter) and sprinkle Italian seasoning over all the buns.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until top is crispy.