These are a staple in our household! I love having protein balls in the fridge all week. When I work out early in the morning, I quickly grab two on my way to either a class or just into the basement; these are substantial but not too filling, and don’t require me to wake up earlier than I already am. They are also a great mid morning snack because my breakfast sometimes does not hold me over until lunch. Everyone in my family enjoys these quick snacks or treats as the Frank calls them!
Each ball is the perfect mix of vanilla with a hint of peanut butter and a crunch (when refrigerated) from the goji berries!
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup dry unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder (I recommend Bullet Proof Collagen Powder)
- 1/2 cup goji berries (I use the Costco brand)
- 1/2 cup honey
Yields 24 Balls (1 inch in diameter)
- In a large mixing bowl, I combine all dry ingredients (oats, coconut, flax seed, protein powder, and goji berries) – NOT the peanut butter and honey.
2. Combine the peanut butter and honey with the dry ingredients.
3. Knead the ingredients together so that all dry ingredients are combined well with the peanut butter and honey – I find that this process takes about 2-3 minutes to get the right consistency.
4. Wash hands before rolling into 1 inch balls; the sticky from the kneading makes it difficult to make the balls.
5. Refrigerate in an air tight container for a few hours – they can be devoured right away, but I find I prefer mine cooler.
Let me know what you thought in the comments below!